Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

Garbine Muguruza Defeated Serena Williams to win French Open

Garbine Muguruza, French Open, Serena Williams

Garbine Muguruza, French Open, Serena Williams

Garbine Muguruza earn her 1st grand slam title at the age of 22 last Saturday June 4, 2016 she said that this is "For Spain and for me, this is amazing." Garbine Muguruza won the 2016 French Open against Serena Williams.

The world No. 4 defeated rank 1 Williams 7-5, 6-4 to capture her first Grand Slam title. She is the first Spanish woman to win a major title since 1998.
Garbine Muguruza, French Open, Serena Williams
Muguruza was tough and she match the intensity of the defending champion, she also traded power hits and dictate play. Williams, who is clearly against a young and powerful opponent that is 12 years her junior, struggled with her movement.

After being presented with the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen, Muguruza, 22, said: "I can't explain with words what his day means to me. You work all your life to get here.

"I want to really congratulate Serena because she's one of the best players.

"Of course I want to say thank you to my team, my coach, everyone there [in the players' box], my family, for sure.

"I've grown up playing on clay, so for Spain and for me this is just amazing."

No comments:

Post a Comment