Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Sharapova won Porsche Grand Prix against Li Na

Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova beat Li Na again on Sunday and defended her WTA Porsche Grand Prix title 6-4, 6-3.

Sharapova, the top-seeded Russian became the first player to keep the Stuttgart title since Lindsey Davenport in 2005.

"I thought it'd be the toughest match of the tournament, but I played my best tennis today. I was able to step it up," Sharapova said.

Li Na, second-seeded had a double-fault on match point, and another one earlier in the final game.

"I was under pressure on her return. She was aggressive," Li Na said.

Sharapova opened with a break that gave her a 4-1 lead before Li could pull back 1 break. But Sharapova overwhelmed her and closed the set with a service winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment