Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nadal vs Federer in Rome final

Nadal,Federer,Tennis

Roger Federer will be up against his rival Rafa Nadal in the Italian Open final after the Swiss held off a spirited challenge by unseeded Frenchman Benoit Paire on Saturday.

Roger Federer the world number three scored 7-6 6-4 to beat Paire. 

Nadal beat Czech sixth seed Tomas Berdych 6-2 6-4 with a dominant performance that he described as emotional after a long injury absence which saw him return to court in February after seven months off with a knee problem.

The Spaniard has won six titles since returning, while Federer is yet to register a title in 2013.

"For me it's already a good tournament. He (Nadal) is the favorite but he's near the end of a long claycourt season, it may be my chance," Federer told reporters.

"I am feeling better physically," the 11-times grand slam winner said in an interview with Spanish television broadcaster Teledeporte.

"These are emotional moments for me as I think I have managed to turn around a situation in which after many months of doubts I am able to play at a level that I would not have dreamed of four months ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment