Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Serena sweeps past Errani into Madrid final

Sara Errani

Serena Williams

The defending champion Serena Williams was too strong for the Italian seventh seed Sara Errani, defeating Sara with 7-5 6-2. She is now waiting for a finals match with either Maria Sharapova or Ana Ivanovic.

"I usually just stay in my room really and be the most boring person you can ever imagine. That's kind of the way I get focused," Serena said.

Williams is looking forward to the finals match as Russian Sharapova and Ivanovic of Serbia are among the players on the Tour who can come close to matching her power.

"I look forward to it"

"I feel like this whole tournament I've only played clay court players from my first round to now.

"Everyone was also smaller than me. So I think tomorrow will be a really good match. Different game. More power obviously, but still a lot of the consistency" Williams said.

No comments:

Post a Comment